A new version is here with some improvements I’m pretty proud of. Visit AnVRopomotron!
- The Philippine tarsier has clung to the Scale Model Hall! This is one of my favorite primates and a representative of one of the big primate lineages. The tarsier is modeled in ‘classic pose,’ holding onto a vertical branch, but this view hides some of their amazing traits. More poses to follow.
- Info button model looks more like the letter i. For info.
- Male mandrill skull in the Grab Lab.
- Hippo ivory harpoon model fixed: normal map depths were too shallow.
- Fixed bug introduced in 1.0.4 where stone tools could be picked up with the mouse in web browsers. No… VR only! The reason is that browser grabbing is awkward and I don’t want to push a subpar experience. But:
- Holoprojectors in the Grab Lab. I figure I should help out browser users, who are 99% of my viewership. Clicking an object now shows a rotating scaled up model to really get into their details. VR users can do too that but can still just move an object closer to their face.
- Since photos worked so well in the Scale Model Hall, a photo will appear when most objects are grabbed in the Grab Lab as well. Fossils do not have photos. Still trying to find good ones.
- Little tweaks to text layouts around the place.