Skip to content
Go to top
- The park across from the hospedaje has been upgraded with a playground and new benches.
- One of the locals in a nearby minimart, dubbed “Yogurt Man” by the 2007 students, recognized me! We chatted for a bit.
- To save money I bought 3 liter bottles of water and Fanta and am drinking out of them when I feel thirsty (I save on cups).
- The neighborhood is business casual, and the majority of men wear collared shirts. The women have more variety in tops, but most wear tight, tight pants (not that I’m looking).
- The TV in my room has trouble turning on, like and old car. I just found out that if I tap it in the lower left corner, it turns on consistently. I don’t even have to hit the power button!
- Speaking of my room, it’s hard to find a non-mirrored surface to lean against while I sit on my bed.
- Today is national potato day. Did you know that this region has over 5,000 varieties of potato? That’s a lot more impressive than the four we get in the US.
- The Jonas Brothers are playing at the nearby stadium next week.
- Knight Rider is called “El Carro FantÃ¡stico.” The A-Team is called “Los MagnÃficos.” Smallville is unchanged.